Sunday, June 17, 2012

Threat of Darkness by Valerie Hansen

Book Description:
As a nurse and special advocate for children, Samantha Rochard is used to danger in small town Serenity, Arkansas. But when she suspects a little boy is in jeopardy from his powerful father, the danger turns on her. Her only source of protection? The handsome police officer who broke her heart five years ago. Yet after John Waltham comes to her rescue in more ways than one, Samantha must trust in him-and the Lord-to watch over her...and save one sweet little boy. The Defenders: Protecting children in need. Enjoy a special 15th anniversary bonus story from Love Inspired Small Town Romance by Arlene James.


My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this book.  Samantha is content with her life, or at least she thought she was.  She thought that until the night she helped save a little boys life in the ER and came face to face with her old flame John.  John shattered her heart when he left to advance his career and he upended her new safe world with his return.  Now, her life is in danger and he is the one she has to trust to keep her alive and to hopefully save another little boy.
I have to say first off that I really liked the plot of this book.  It was well written and a great concept.  The setting was perfect for it and the supporting characters were really good.  I especially liked the old officer and the dog!  My problem with this book was the two main characters seemed disjointed.  Their communication and the interaction just didn't ring true to me.  I understood the mixed emotions on both parts but I just didn't connect with their relationship.
I rate this a 3/5.  I loved the plot but just didn't connect with the two main characters.
Thanks to netgalley for the review copy of this book.  I received this book in exchange for an honest review and the opinions stated above are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment