Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My First Handy Bible

Book Description:
My First Handy Bible aims to communicate God’s character and His love to the youngest of children, ages one to three. Beautifully illustrated in bright full color, My First Handy Bible has a cheerful padded hardcover with 61 child-friendly hardback pages and a handle and clasp that make it easy for small hands to tote and manipulate. The timeless stories are retold in simple sentences by author and artist Cecilie Olesen, illustrated by author and illustrator Gustavo Mazali and designed by Ben Alex, a C. S. Lewis Gold Medal winner author and designer.

My Thoughts:
I like this Bible.  I have two children, 2 and 4 years of age.  I got this Bible and read through it before even showing it to them.  I like that all of the stories were told accurately and with details but not too much that it overwhelms the child.  After my initial read through, showed it to my children.
Both immediately wanted to 'hold it' and 'carry it'.  They loved the handle and the pictures.  We sat down and read the stories.  They asked questions and it was fun for all of us.  We took it slow and talked about each of the stories but it really was perfect for their level of understanding.
I rate this a 5/5.  Young children will enjoy this and it is perfect for them.

Thank you to B&B Media for the review copy of this book.  I received this book in exchange for an honest review and the opinions stated above are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment